Our Free Printable Winter Bingo Game is perfect to play with family and friends. Simply download our winter bingo pattern pdf below and enjoy a wonderful game afternoon. Let’s check it out!
Fun Winter Facts for Kids
Not everyone likes winter but we love it!
I mean look at it this way what is more beautiful than a blue sky with a white winter wonderland that is sparkling in the sun? As soon as the first snow sprinkles hit the ground my kids are excited and in no time out of the house!
But even they can not stay outside all day. After warming up and hanging their cloth to dry for their next snow round I love to spend quality time with them.
We snug up on the couch and read books and learn while playing. Therefore I found these great winter facts for facts I like to share with you.
- Winter is the coldest of all four seasons.
- Winter comes before Spring.
- Snow falls in winter.
- The winter months in the United States are from December 1 through February 28.
- Every snowflake has six sides.
- You can see your breath below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nights are longer in winter.
- The sun looks bigger in the winter month.
- Trees stop growing in winter.
- Plants stop growing during winter.
- Some animals hibernate in winter.
- A blizzard is a bad snowstorm.
- A winter storm happens when freezing rain, ice, and snow occur over a few hours.
- Cold weather, snow, and ice typically occur during winter.
- The shortest day of the year happens during the winter Solstice.
- Like birds, whales, bats, and caribou, monarch butterflies also migrate to warmer climates (escaping the Winter weather).
These and more fun facts about winter can be found here.
Do you enjoy our Winter Bingo Printables? Then you also might enjoy our Christmas Bingo, Ginger Bread Templates, Pinguin Printables, Elf on the Shelf Letter Templates, or Candy Cane Craft Outlines! Have a look now and keep your kids busy!
Free Winter Bingo Game
Did you ever play bingo before? You should give it a try it is pretty addicting. Our game of winter bingo is pretty easy to play and a good start for beginners.
Below you will find everything you need to know about the rules of bingo and every step you need to follow to make it a success. So let’s have a look!
Winter Bingo Patterns
Winters can be cold and boring. But what can you do when the weather does not allow your children to go outside? Why not play a round of bingo with your children?
I created this bingo for winter with pictures. This way even smaller children can participate! You will find everything from warm cloth, polar animals, and other things that remind you of winter!
Our free winter printables include 10 different winter bingo game boards. This gives you the opportunity to play our winter game together with your family and friends. It even can be used as winter bingo for adults.
Here are all the materials you will need to play with our bingo templates:
Snow Bingo Materials
- Free Printable Winter Bingo Card Template PDF (found below)
How Do You Play Winter Bingo
But you might wonder now, how do you play our winter / January bingo. Let me tell you this bingo is not any different from any other bingo game. They have the same rules.
You are not familiar with the bingo game yet? Do not worry, let me explain the Bingo Rules to you:
- Print out your snow bingo templates (found below).
- Take your scissor and cut out your free winter bingo call-out cards.
- Give each player one free bingo board.
- Now designate a caller.
- Afterward, place all call-out cards in a basket, bucket, or bag and mix them.
- Next, the caller draws a card and shows it to the players.
- Each player is marking the selected card on his bingo card template with his marker.
- The player shouts “BINGO!” when they get a full line (vertical, horizontal, or diagonal).
Winter Bingo Tips
- Smaller children can participate in this game as well. Simply help them find the picture. It might take a little bit longer but they will love to play it together!
- Do-a-dot Markers are perfect for this fun winter wonderland bingo game.
- Do you not like our pictures? Do not worry, I made a blank bingo call sheet printable for you. Simply choose your own pictures or words for it.
- If you like to play this game multiple times, you should consider laminating your bingo cards and using foil markers to cross the pictures. This way you can erase it with a wet wipe after you are done and play again!
If you do not have a laminator yet they come in pretty handy and aren’t too expensive. Take a look here for example.
How Do You Make Bingo Funny
After a while playing bingo can get old. Here are three fun ideas on how to make our winter-themed bingo interesting again:
- Use poker chips instead of markers
- Use food instead of markers, such as your favorite winter candy.
- Get small winter prices for the winners. Here are some of our winter goodie bag stuffer favorites:
How to Download Your Winter Bingo Free Printables
Sign up here for our newsletter and you will receive the link to our fun winter bingo pdf.
Already a subscriber? Don’t worry, no need to subscribe twice.
I just updated our free printable library. You can find our winter holiday bingo templates there or check our latest newsletter for more information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I m happy to help!
Pin These Free Printable Winter Bingo Game
Now don’t forget to save our holiday bingo templates on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers.
Now it is your turn.
How did your kids enjoy our downloadable Snow Bingo Cards?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!