Our Free Printable Maple Leaf Templates are ideal for coloring, crafting, classroom projects, and lesson plans.
They include small, medium, and large maple leaf outlines. Do not forget to check out our matching maple leaf craft ideas below.
Let’s dive right in and get inspired!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
8 Red Maple Tree Facts
Before we get started with our simple maple leaf printables, let’s learn a little bit about these fascinating trees.
- Acer rubrum the red maple tree is also known as water maple, swamp maple, or soft maple.
- It belongs to the family of Sapindaceae.
- The tree can grow up to 90 to 100 feet when mature.
- Their impressive crown can spread out about 20 feet.
- Maple leaves are triangular-looking and often appear red in the autumn.
- Its natural habitat is in Northern America. You can mostly find them next to the Mississippi River, Florida, etc.
- Red maple trees can be cultivated in wet places with a medium climate – not too hot or too cold.
- The red maple tree is used to make syrup, craft furniture, boxes, and instruments, as firewood, food for the animals, or in bonsai gardening.
These and more facts about maple trees can be found in the following link.
Tree Books for Kids
Free Maple Leaf Templates in Small, Medium, and Large
These maple leaf outlines come in different sizes and in colors.
They are perfect for coloring, crafting, decorating, or classroom activities.
They are especially popular when it comes to studying trees or the season of fall.
At the end of this article, I will show you a couple of stunning maple crafts to use for our templates.
Maple Leaf Cut Out Materials
But before we get started with all these fun maple craft template ideas, let’s have a look at what we will need for our craft projects.
Here is a list of supplies you will need for our printable maple leaf crafts.
Do you need advice on How to Introduce Crafting to your Preschooler? Then read our 10 tips that work next.
10 Easy Maple Leaf Template Ideas
1. Learn About Trees
Go check out our recommendation on trees books above.
2. M Is for Maple
Add our easy maple leaf templates to your preschool alphabet lesson plan. Use them while learning the letter M.
First, print out some upper and lowercase letter M worksheets.
After your student are done with their worksheets, make sure to include an easy maple craft for the M sound.
Tip: Make sure to study each letter individually so your students can form memories for each letter to memorize them more easily.
3. Maple Leaf Sensory Play
Leaves are great for sensory play activities.
On your next walk collect some fall leaves and explore with them.
Here are some great Changing Leaves Sensory Activities to discover.
4. Canada Day Craft
The maple leaf stands as a symbol of the Canadian national identity.
There are many fun ways of using our maple leaf printable and turning it into a craft for Canada Day.
Here are 17 Fun Canada Crafts and Activities for you to get inspired.
5. Maple Leaf Coloring Pages
You can even easily adjust the difficulty level for older children. Simply give them a smaller maple leaf outline or let them use a different painting technique that challenges them.
We for example love Salt Painting. Have you tried it yet? It is really fun and will give your leaf a nice 3D look to it!
If you are looking for other painting techniques go check our complete list of 25 Easy Painting Ideas here.
6. DIY Maple Leaf Stencils
7. Journal Decore
After you are done with your maple craft projects, why not turn in your maple leaf pattern printables and use them for your art journal or photo album?
You can always craft more creative shapes and use them as backgrounds, patterns, or focal points in your journals.
They look especially nice when you travel to Canada or for Canada Day.
8. DIY Maple Leaf Cards and Invitations
Are you planning an autumn-themed birthday event, Canada Day party, or fall gathering?
Simply color our maple leaf writing template and make adorable party invitations out of them.
Just make sure to use thicker paper for your invitations.
Our maple leaf patterns are not only suitable for invitations but also make adorable DIY fall cards.
Here are some cute leaf quotes you could easily use for your maple leaf templates:
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
- “They tell you to turn into a new leaf and then complain about your faded color.” – Nitya Prakash
- “I’ve seen a jillion miracles. They’re all around. Every green leaf is a miracle.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Each leaf tells us a story. The story of its struggle. The struggle against the storms that it faces in life.” – Avijeet Das
- “Leaves are nature’s confetti, celebrating the beauty of change.” – Unknown
- “Leaves may fall, but the tree stands tall.” – Unknown
They are a perfect match and can be set up easily in your backyard or next school event.
9. Maple Leaf Template Decoration
After you are done making your leaf invitations it is time to decorate accordingly for your party.
Our maple leaf cut out printables are especially popular for your next fall or Canadian gathering.
You can turn our maple leaf outlines into a garland, and decorate your walls, windows, doors, or party tables with them.
Use them for table place cards, and nametags for your party favors, or add them to your snack or gift boxes.
The possibilities for our maple leaf printables are endless!
Tip: If you do not have time to craft and color simply use our colored maple leaf templates to decorate!
10. Maple Leaf Template Outline
Use our maple leaf outlines for your next craft project or even Canada Day.
They are great for banners, window displays, fun craft activities, and many more.
Simply print them on colored or on thick paper or trace them on card stock and let your inspiration flow.
How to Download Your Free Maple Leaf Printables
Simply sign up here for our newsletter and you will receive the link to our free maple leaf template pdf.
Already a subscriber? Don’t worry, no need to subscribe twice.
I just updated our free printable library. You can find our maple leaf outline printables and coloring pages there or check our newest newsletter for more information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’m happy to help!
Pin These Fun Maple Leaf Templates
Don’t forget to save our outline printable maple leaves on Pinterest for later!
Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers.
Now it is your turn.
How did your kids enjoy their maple leaf templates?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!