Are you looking for inspiring Presidents Day quotes for kids? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 80 Inspiring Presidents Day Sayings including matching books, activities, and free printable patriotic lunch box notes.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting Facts about Presidents Day
What is Presidents Day
Presidents day is a holiday in America to celebrate all Presidents of the United States.
It was established in 1885 in remembrance of President George Washington.
Now known as Presidents day we honor the current and all past presidents on this federal holiday.
When is Presidents Day Celebrated
Presidents day is celebrated on the third Monday in February.
This year Presidents day is on Monday 20th of February 2023.
How is Presidents Day Celebrated?
As mentioned above, Presidents Day is a day of remembrance and is considered a patriotic holiday.
On Presidents Day you will find many celebrations of historical and patriotic groups.
Leading up to the day many schools will teach about presidents and their accomplishments.
On President’s day itself, you will find many schools and banks closed since it is a federal holiday.
How Many Presidents Did We Have?
Currently, there have been 46 presidents including our current president Joe Biden.
Here is a list of all our presidents for you:
List of Presidents
- George Washington April 30, 1789-March 4, 1797
- John Adams March 4, 177 – Match 4, 1801
- Thomas Jefferson March 4, 1801 – March 4, 1809
- James Madison March 4, 1809 – March 4, 1917
- James Monroe March 4, 1817 – March 4, 1825
- John Quincy Adams March 4, 1825 – March 4, 1829
- Andrew Jackson March 4, 1829 – March 4, 1837
- Martin Van Buren March 4, 1837 – March 4, 1841
- William Henry Harrison March 4, 1841 – April 4, 1841
- John Tyler April 4, 1841 – March 4, 1845
- James K. Polk March 4, 1845- March 4, 1849
- Zachary Taylor March 4, 1849 – July 9, 1850
- Millard Fillmore July 9, 1850 – March 4, 1853
- Franklin Pierce March 4, 1853- March 4, 1857
- James Buchanan March 4, 1857- March 4, 1861
- Abraham Lincoln March 4, 1861- April 15, 1865
- Andrew Johnson April 15 1865 – March 4, 1869
- Ulysses S. Grant March 4, 1869 – March 4, 1877
- Rutherford B. Hayes March 4, 1877 – March 4, 1881
- James A. Garfield March 4, 1881 – Sept 19, 1881
- Chester A. Arthur Sept 19, 1881 – March 4, 1885
- Grover Cleveland March 4, 1885 – March 4, 1889
- Benjamin Harrison March 4, 1889 – March 4, 1893
- Grover Cleveland March 4, 1893 – March 4, 1897
- William McKinley March 4, 1897 – Sept 14, 1901
- Theodore Roosevelt Sept 14, 1901 – March 4, 1909
- William Howard Taft March 4, 1909 – March 4, 1913
- Woodrow Wilson March 4, 1913 – March 4, 1921
- Warren G. Harding March 4, 1921 -Aug 2, 1923
- Calvin Coolidge Aug 2, 1923 – March 4, 1929
- Herbert Hoover March 4, 1929 – March 4, 1933
- Franklin D. Roosevelt March 4, 1933 – April 12, 1945
- Harry S. Truman April 12, 1945 – Jan 20, 1953
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Jan 20, 1953 – Jan 20, 1961
- John F. Kennedy Jan 20, 1961 – Nov 22, 1963
- Lyndon B. Johnson Nov 22, 1963 – Jan 20, 1969
- Richard Nixon Jan 20, 1969 – Aug 9, 1974
- Gerald Ford Aug 9, 1974 – Jan 20, 1977
- Jimmy Carter Jan 20, 1977 – Jan 20, 1981
- Ronald Reagan Jan 20, 1981 – Jan 20, 1989
- George H. W. Bush Jan 20, 1989 – Jan 20, 1993
- William Clinton Jan 20, 1993 – Jan 20, 2001
- George W. Bush Jan 20, 2001 – Jan 20, 2009
- Barack Obama Jan 20, 2009 – Jan 20, 2017
- Donald Trump Jan 20, 2017 – Jan 20, 2021
- Joe Biden Jan 20, 2021 – current
Presidents Books for Kids
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
80 Best Presidents Day Quotes for Kids
Valentine’s day has passed and Presidents day is around the corner. Check out these presidential quotes for Presidents day.
Our list includes Happy Presidents day wishes and messages, inspiring Presidents day quotes and sayings for kids, quotes about Presidents day, fun Presidents’ day phrases, funny Presidents day puns, and many more.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Happy Presidents Day Greetings for Kids
First are our happy Presidents day quotes for kids:
- Happy President’s Day!
- Salute to all the great presidents who ruled our country. Your great deeds are always remembered. Happy President’s day
- Happy President’s Day to my fellow Americans!
- Wishing us a peaceful President’s Day.
- Sending you warm wishes on Presidents Day!
- Let’s join together in prayer for our nation’s greatest leaders today. Happy President’s day.
- Hail to the Chief! Happy President’s Day.
- Have a wonderful Presidents Day Weekend!
- Wishing you a wonderful President’s Day.
- Have a great President’s Day!
“To all the nation’s greatest president’s, who brought laurels to our country, a salute to you.”Unknown
Presidents Day Sayings for Kids
What do you think about these inspiring Presidents Day sayings for kids?
- “Happy Presidents Day 2023!”
- “The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph.” – George Washington
- “Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people.” – George W. Bush
- “Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The harder the contention, the more noteworthy the triumph. On his birthday I want to spread the golden words of the president.”
- “The American, ordinarily, is optimistic. He is exploratory, an innovator, and a manufacturer who builds best when called upon to assemble incredibly.”
- “Great lives never go out; they go on.” – Benjamin Harrison
- “The nation was lucky to get him as our president and will always remember him in the progress of it because he fought for his people.”
- “Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”Abraham Lincoln
Happy Presidents Day Messages for Kids
Next are our happy Presidents day messages for children:
- “If your actions inspire you to dream more, learn more and become more, you are a leader. Happy President’s day”
- “Hope you have a great President’s day. We cherish all the great quotes said by them.”
- “America was fortunate to get a president like George Washington and today on his birthday I just want to spread the word that follows his footprints to make America what he dreamt of.”
- “Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means paying a special mind to yourself by paying a special mind to your nation. Happy presidents day to the nation.”
- “Think about every problem, every challenge, we face. The solution to each starts with education.” – George H.W. Bush
- “America was not based on dread. America was based on mental fortitude, a creative mind, and an amazing assurance to carry out the current responsibility. Happy Presidents Day to everyone.”
- “Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses.” – George Washington
- “If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “A genuinely American sentiment recognizes the respect of work and the way that respect lies in the honest drudge.” – Unknown
- “To all the nation’s greatest presidents, who brought laurels to our country, a salute to you.”
“On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock.”Thomas Jefferson
Famous President Quotes
Here are some famous Presidents day quotes:
- “If not us, who? If not now, when?” – John F. Kennedy
- “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst and cold…” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value.” – John Adams
- “We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another – until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices.” – Richard Nixon
- “Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses.” – George Washington
- “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”Franklin D. Roosevelt
Did you enjoy our Presidents day greetings for kids?
St. Patricks Day is next. Check out our St. Patricks Day activities. You will enjoy our free printable Shamrock Templates, Pot of Gold Outlines, and DIY Lepraunch Hat Craft.
Positive Presidents Day Quotes for Kids
Let’s check out our funny Presidents day phrases:
- “May God save the country, for it is evident that the people will not?” – Millard Fillmore
- “I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” – George Washington
- “You don’t get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier.” – George W. Bush
- “On the off chance that you need all-out security, go to prison. There you nourish, dress, give therapeutic consideration, etc. The main thing lacking. is opportunity.”
- “If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” – George Washington
- “War enters upon until each office of harmony has fizzled.”
“The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.”Richard M. Nixon
Inspirational President Quotes
After our fun President’s day quotes check out our inspirational President’s sayings:
- “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.” – Barack Obama
- “The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money.” – James Madison
- “No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.” – Donald Trump
- “Right reason is stronger than force.” – James Garfield
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.” – William “Bill” Clinton
- “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles, and it must be taken one step at a time.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “The American, commonly, is optimistic. He is a test, a creator, and a manufacturer who builds best when called upon to assemble incredibly. Wishing everyone power and prosperity in the nation.”
- “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman
- “The best approach to secure freedom is to put it in the general population’s hands, that is, to give them the power consistently to guard it in the legislature and in the courts of justice.”
- “The best form of government is that which is most likely to prevent the greatest sum of evil.” – James Monroe
“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”Barack Obama
Quotes About Presidents Day
You will enjoy these positive quotes presidencies:
- “Honesty is the first part of the book wisdom. Always remember his characteristics and celebrate the day by learning more about his life and dreams for the nation.”
- “We are a nation of communities. a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky.” – George H.W. Bush
- “Every expert was once a beginner.” – Rutherford B. Hayes
- “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit…” – Harry S. Truman
- “It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t.” – Martin Van Buren
- “The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “Leadership to me means duty, honor, and country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time.” – George W. Bush
- “An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” – Millard Fillmore
- “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – John Quincy Adams
“There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.”Ronald Reagan
Funny Presidents Day Puns
Last but not least are our fun Presidents Day puns:
- What’s the most popular automobile brand for presidents? Lincoln
- What kind of tea did the American colonists want? Libertea
- What rock group has four guys who don’t sing? Mount Rushmore.
- Why did George Washington have trouble sleeping? Because he couldn’t lie.
- How did George Washington describe things? In general terms.
- What would George Washington be if he were alive today? Really, really, really old.
- Who was the youngest US president? BABE Lincoln.
- Where did they sign the Declaration Of Independence? At the bottom
- Who was the funniest person in George Washington’s army? Laughayette.
- What US president had long legs, a beard, and an unusual smell? Abraham Stinkoln.
What was George Washington’s favorite tree?The infan-tree.
For all our visual learners I made this Happy Presidents Day Quote Video for you:
I also like to introduce you to the following quotes for kids:
- Patriotic Quotes
- 4th of July Quotes
- Gratitude Quotes
- Thankful Quotes
- 9/11 Quotes
- Ash Wednesday Quotes
- Dr. Seuss Quotes
- Reading Quotes
- 100 Days of School Quotes
- Lent Quotes
- St. Patricks Day Quotes
- Love Quotes
- Rainbow Phrases
- Superhero Quotes
- Ladybug Sayings
- Spring Quotes
- Flower Quotes
- Quotes for Special Occasions
Patriotic Crafts for Presidents Day
After you are done with these inspiring Presidents Day quotes and sayings, go check out these fun patriotic activities next:
- 3 Patriotic Activities
- Firework Craft
- 10+ Patriotic Crafts
- US Flag Snack Tray
- Free Printable US Flag Catcher
- Free Printable Presidents Day Activities
How to Download Your Free Printable Presidents Day Quotes PDF
Simply sign up here for our newsletter and you will receive the link to our free printable Presidents Day Lunch Notes.
Already a subscriber? Don’t worry, no need to subscribe twice. I just updated our free printable library.
You can find our best Presidents Day quote notes printable there or check our latest newsletter for more information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I m happy to help!
Pin Our Happy Presidents Day Wishes for Kids
Don’t forget to save our 80 Inspiring Presidents Day Messages on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about Presidents Day did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!