As a bonus go check out our free printable friendship lunch notes at the end of this post.
Why Is It Important to Have Friends?
According to Mayo Clinic friendships enrich everybody’s life and will improve your health.
Especially kids will benefit from friendships.
Friendships will help children develop important life skills such as getting along with other people (improving social skills) and learning how to solve conflicts and problems.
Children with those skills are able to make easier friends in school than others according to rainsingchildren.net.au and integrate easier later in life.
How to Teach Friendship
Now that we understand how important it is for children to have friends, let’s find out what a good friendship is about and give them tips on how to make friends:
Qualities of a Good Friend
- A good friend is always there for you
- Good friends are honest
- You can trust them
- They are loyal
- They are good listeners
- Be supportive
- They make time for you and show up when you need them
Learn How to Be a Good Friend
- Explain what a good friend is
- Read a friendship book (found below)
- Set a good example
- Spend time with your friends
- Try a friendship activity together
First, you should explain clearly to your child what a good friend is.
The qualities of a good friend above will help you with it. Also, you can use one of the friendship books below to help explain friendship to your child.
Once the role of a good friend is clear it is important that your children have a good role model.
Set a good example for them, so they can see what a good friendship is and learn how to be a good friend themselves.
They can do that by starting to spend time with their friends and trying one of the fun friendship activities for kids below to either surprise their friends or maybe bond over a friendship game!
Friendship Books for Kids
Talk with your kids about friendship and explain to them what it means to have a good friend. These books will help you with it. Happy Reading!
This book is a social development primer that gives kids the answers they need to make and keep friends.
This book teaches children about the importance and value of setting boundaries for healthy friendships and provides children with the tools they need to foster their social confidence and emotional well-being.
Fun dinosaur characters teach young children all about friendship.
- Jake the Growling Dog: A Children’s Book about the Power of Kindness, Celebrating Diversity, and Friendship
Jake the Growling Dog is a fun-loving tale about kindness, acceptance, friendship, and diversity.
The Little Book of Friendship helps young boys and girls, preschoolers, and toddlers of all ages learn what they need to know about making friends, and how to be a good friend to others.
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
130 Friendship Quotes for Kids
True Friends Quotes for Kids
First, let’s start off with our true friendship quotes.
- “Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty.” Sicilian Proverb
- “A real friend is the one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” Walter Winchell
- “Hold a true friend with both your hands.” Nigerian Proverb
- “The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man’s success in life.” Edward Everett Hale
- “A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” Hellen Keller
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” Thomas Aquinas
- “A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld”
- “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” Laurence J.
- “A good friend remembers what we were and sees what we can be.” Unknown
“If you have one true friend you have more than your share.”Thomas Fuller
“Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty.”Sicilian Proverb
Best Friend Quotes for Kids
Everyone should have a best friend. Here are some quotes for the best friend in your life.
- “Best friends make good times better and hard times easier!” Unknown
- “A good friend like a four-leave clover, hard to find and lucky to have!” Unknown
- “It is not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it is your best friend who is your diamonds.” Unknown
- “A good friend knows all your stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.” Unknown
- “In a friend you find a second self.” Isabelle Norton
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” John Everyn
- “A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.” Jerome Cummings
- “Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows.” Unknown
- “A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be somewhere else.” Unknown
“Friendship is the bridge that connects hearts, allowing us to cross the chasms of distance and time with a single step.”Unknown
Sweet Friendship Quotes for Kids
Explore this delightful collection of 10 heartwarming friendship quotes for kids that celebrate the magic of childhood friendships.
These kids friend quotes are perfect to share with your friends.
- “Friends are like stars; you may not always see them, but you know they’re always there.” Unknown
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” Unknown
- “Friendship is the key that unlocks the door to happiness.” Unknown
- “Friends make the world colorful with their laughter and smiles.” Unknown
- “In the garden of life, friends are the most beautiful flowers.” Unknown
- “True friends are the ones who stick by your side through thick and thin.” Unknown
- “Best friends are like the peanut butter to your jelly sandwich – they just belong together.” Unknown
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you forget the words.” Unknown
- “A day with a friend is a day well spent.” Unknown
- “Friendship is a treasure chest of memories that lasts forever.” Unknown
These kids friendship quotes are meant to inspire and celebrate the special bonds of friendship that kids share.
Children’s Friendship Quotes
It is important for children to form friendships. Let’s check out these quotes on friends for kids.
- “A sweet friendship refreshes your soul.” Unknown
- “Good friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” Unknown
- “Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less.” Crystal Woods
- “I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory. Some happy, some sad, I think of childhood friends, and the dreams we had in our world.” Styx
- “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” S.E. Hinton
- “Kind people are my kinda people” Unknown
- “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” Latin Proverb
- “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.” Unknown
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit.” Aristotle
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”Jim Morrison
“Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world togehter.”Woodrow T. Wilson
Quotes on Friendship
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” Aristotle
- “No road is long with good company.” Turkish proverb
- “Friendship is like a beautiful garden, the more you put into it, the more it grows.” Unknown
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” William Shakespeare
- “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?” Abraham Lincoln
- “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” Osho
- “Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.” Richard Bach
- “Friendship is the compass that guides us through life’s uncharted waters, always pointing us towards true north.” – Unknown
- “In the garden of life, friends are the most beautiful flowers, blooming with love and loyalty.” – Unknown
- “True friends are like stars; you may not always see them, but you know they’re there, lighting up your darkest nights.” – Unknown
Friendship Sayings for Kids
Next are our inspirational friendship sayings. Take a look here:
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.“In a friend, you find a second self.” Isabelle Norton
- “Love is temporary, but friends are forever.” Kelly Wheeler
- “No man is useless while he has a friend.” Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Friendship without self-interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life.” James Francis Byrnes
- “We didn’t realize we were making memories: we just knew we were having fun.” Winnie the Pooh
- “The distance cannot matter. Ours is a friendship of the heart.” Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” Eustache Deschamps
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” Unknown
- “Childhood friends are the benchmark of our lives, no matter where we go, what we do. They will always come by and take you to the place where you belong.” Burhan Din Wani
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” C.S. Lewis Peter
“You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Short Friendship Quotes
Short but sweet are the following friendship quotations.
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” Elbert Hubbard
- “What is a friend? I will tell you… it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” Frank Crane
- “A good friend remembers what we were and sees what we can be.” Unknown
- “A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be somewhere else.” Unknown
- “A friend is like an oreo, it’s not always that great, but it always gets better!” Erin Westbrook
- “There’s no friend like someone who has known you since you were five” Anne Stevenson
- “A guitar is like an old friend that is there with me.” B. B. King
- “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness…” Richard Bach
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer.” Unknown
- “A friend is someone who reaches out for your hand and touches your heart.” Unknown
“The best mirror is an old friend.”George Herbert.
Inspiring Friendship Quotes for Kids
Fostering meaningful friendships is an essential part of a child’s social and emotional development.
Encourage your little ones to cherish and celebrate friendship with these 10 inspiring friendship quotes for kids from various authors.
These heartwarming words will inspire kindness, empathy, and lasting connections.
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'” – C.S. Lewis
- “A true friend is somebody who can make us feel better when we’re sad and laugh when we’re happy.” – A.A. Milne
- “In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Evelyn
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Friendship is the key to unlocking the best version of ourselves.” – Helen Keller
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is like a rainbow, bright and beautiful, connecting hearts with its vibrant colors.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is someone who encourages you to be your authentic self and celebrates your uniqueness.” – Maya Angelou
These quotes serve as gentle reminders for children to appreciate the joys of friendship and to cultivate strong bonds with their companions, fostering a positive and supportive environment throughout their lives.
“A friend is not just someone who stands by your side, but someone who stands up for you when you need it most.”Unknown
Cute Friendship Quotes for Kids
- “A true friend stabs you in the front, not the back.” Oscar Wilde
- “The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Unknown
- “True friends are always together in spirit!” – Unknown
- “Friends are like stars; they brighten up your darkest nights.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you forget the words.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the key to unlocking all the adventures life has to offer.” – Unknown
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Unknown
- “Friends make every day a little more colorful and a lot more fun.” – Unknown
- “In the garden of life, friends are the most beautiful blossoms.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the secret ingredient that makes the recipe of life taste sweeter.” – Unknown
These friendship quotes are designed to inspire and celebrate the joy of friendship in a way that’s relatable and heartwarming for kids.
Kids Friendship Quotes for Lasting Bonds
Cultivating strong and nurturing friendships is a vital aspect of a child’s social and emotional growth.
Inspire your little ones to appreciate the beauty of companionship with these 10 heartwarming friendship quotes.
These kid’s friendship quotes celebrate the joys of friendship and highlight the qualities that make these bonds truly special.
- “A friend is someone who makes you smile even when you feel like crying.” – Unknown
- “A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
- “Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest; it’s about who came and never left your side.” – Unknown
- “Happiness is having a good friend!” – Susanne Williams
- “A true friend is someone who listens, understands, and never judges.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the only flower that blooms in all seasons.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is a treasure that becomes more valuable with time.” – Unknown
- “Friends are like stars, always shining brightly and ” us through the darkest nights.” – Unknown
- “A friend is someone who fills your life with love, laughter, and unforgettable memories.” – Unknown
- “A true friend is someone who knows all your stories but still wants to hear them again and again.” – Unknown
“Where there are friends, there is wealth.”Titus Maccius Plautus
Friendship Captions for Kids
Capturing the essence of friendship in concise and meaningful captions can add an extra touch of appreciation to cherished moments.
Explore these 10 short friendship captions from various authors that encapsulate the joy, loyalty, and laughter that come with true companionship.
Let these captions accompany your photos and posts, honoring the special bonds you share with your friends.
- “Life is better with friends by your side.” – Unknown
- “Friendship: where distance means so little and love means everything.” – Unknown
- “Friends make ordinary moments extraordinary.” – Unknown
- “Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.” – Unknown
- “Forever grateful for friends who feel like family.” – Unknown
- “Friends are the sunshine that lights up your world.” – Unknown
- “Surround yourself with friends who make you laugh until it hurts.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is the secret ingredient that adds flavor to life.” – Unknown
- “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.” – Unknown
- “Friends are the stars that make the darkest nights shine.” – Unknown
These short and heartfelt captions, accompanied by your photos and memories, serve as a tribute to the invaluable connections that bring joy, support, and laughter to our lives.
Celebrate your friendships and let these captions express the love and gratitude you have for your friends.
Funny Friendship Puns for Kids
Adding a touch of humor to your friendship can strengthen the bond and create lighthearted moments.
Enjoy these funny friendship puns for kids that are sure to bring a smile to your face.
- “We’re ‘peas’ in a pod, my friend!” – Unknown
- “I’m ‘knot’ kidding, you’re my favorite friend!” – Unknown
- “You’re ‘soda’-lightful, my fizzy friend!” – Unknown
- “Our friendship is ‘pawsitively’ amazing!” – Unknown
- “I’m ‘wheelie’ glad we’re friends!” – Unknown
- “You’re ‘tea’-riffic, my cup of friendship!” – Unknown
- “You’re ‘moo’-velous! Thanks for being my friend!” – Unknown
- “You’re ‘un-bee-lievable,’ my buzzing buddy!” – Unknown
- “Our friendship is ‘egg-cellent’—we crack each other up!” – Unknown
- “I’m ‘lava’-ing our friendship! It’s erupting with awesomeness!” – Unknown
These puns bring a playful twist to the concept of friendship, infusing lightness and laughter into your bond with friends.
Share these puns during fun moments or surprise them with a punny message to brighten their day and remind them of the humor you share.
Best Friendship Quotes for Kids
Last but not least are our best friendship quotes for kids:
- “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” Socrates
- “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” Steve Maraboli
- “True enemies are better than false friends.” Matshona Dhliwayo
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” Hellen Keller
- “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.” Unknown
- “What is a friend? I will tell you…it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” Frank Crane
- “A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” Unknown
- “Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” Lorraine K.Mitchell
- “Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.” Plautus
Did you enjoy our children’s friendship quotes? I also like to share the following quotes for kids with you:
- Mindfulness Quotes
- Responsibility Quotes
- Respect Quotes
- Summer Camp Quotes
- Campfire Quotes
- Bonfire Quotes
- Tigger Quotes from Winnie the Pooh
- First Day of Kindergarten Quotes
- First Day of Preschool Quotes
- Play Quotes
- Camping Quotes
- Dance Quotes
- Party Quotes
- New Beginning Quotes
- 100 Days of School Quotes
- Giving Sayings
- Glitter Quotes
- Tulip Quotes
- Self-Confidence Quotes
- Birthday Wishes for Kids
- Get Well Soon Wishes
- Honesty Quotes
- Dr. Seuss Quotes
- Barbie Quotes
- Thankful Quotes
- Good Morning Quotes
- Gratitude Quotes
- Superhero Phrases
- 145 Famous Star Wars Quotes
- Reading Quotes
- Monday Puns
- Godmother Quotes
- Preschool Graduation Quotes
- Friday Phrases
- Tuesday Sayings
- Ash Wednesday Quotes
- Lent Quotes
Fun Friendship Activities
- Write a friendship card or letter
- Make a friendship bracelet
- Friendship pictures
- Craft a friendship foto album
- Play “Things we have in common”
- Make a friendship craft
- Go see a movie together
So these are only 7 of many ideas to have your kids bond with their friends. To see our list of 25 Fun Friendship Activities have a look here.
What is Friendship for Kindergarten
Friends are like wonderful playmates. They’re the people you have the best time with, playing games, sharing toys, and laughing together.
A friend is someone who really likes you just as you are – quirks and all!
They support you in every possible way and even keep you company when you are sad, lonely, or sick.
Having a friend is like having a precious treasure. They make each day more fun, and more joyful.
What is a Proverb for Friendship for Kids?
Here’s a simple proverb about friendship that might resonate with kids:
“Friends are like stars. You might not always see them, but you know they’re always there.”
This proverb uses a familiar and relatable image (stars) to convey the idea that friends, even if not physically present all the time, are still there for you.