Are you looking for inspiring turkeys quotes? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 50 Turkeys Sayings for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Fun Turkeys Facts for Kids
Time to check out some interesting facts about turkeys. Or did you already know?
- Only male turkeys gobble.
- Wild turkeys can fly
- Wild turkeys sleep in trees.
- Did you know that they can change colors?
- Their poop determines if they’re male or female.
- Turkeys can see better than humans.
Turkeys make various sounds such as “purrs,” “yelps,” and “kee-kees,”. But males only do the famous “gobble” call during mating season.
It’s a myth that turkeys can’t fly. Wild turkeys have been known to fly up to 55 mph in short bursts.
Domesticated turkeys on the other hand can not fly. They are heavier in weight.
Turkeys spend most of their time on the ground, but they sleep on trees.
The reason is, they can’t see well at night. So they protect themselves from predators overnight on a tree.
The head of turkeys can change color to express their emotions. The range goes from red to blue to white, depending on how excited or calm they are.
If you want to find out the turkey’s sex, check its droppings. A male’s poop is shaped like the letter J, while the females are more spiral-shaped.
Did you know that turkeys see three times better than humans? They do see in color, and their eyesight covers 270 degrees.
These and more turkey facts can be found here.
Turkey Books for Kids
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
50 Best Turkey Quotes for Kids
Thanksgiving is around the corner and nothing is more suitable than these turkey quotes for your beloved holiday.
So why not start with matching Thanksgiving activities or even make a DIY grateful card?
You can find the matching Turkey Quotes for Kids for your cards here.
Our list of quotes about turkeys includes fun turkey sayings for kids, short quotes about turkeys, and funny turkey puns and captions.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Turkey Sayings for Kids
Here are some of funny turkey sayings for kids:
- “Little Turkey”
- “Happy Thanksgiving, don’t let the turkeys get you down. You are my hero!”
- “Safe a turkey, eat pizza.”
- “Give thanks and eat turkey.”
- “Get your fat pants ready, it is turkey time.”
- “Turkey squat”
- “Happy Turkey Day, let’s eat!
- “No more workey only turkey.”
- “When turkeys mate they think of swans.” – Johnny Carson
- “Love iz a big fat turkey and every day iz thanksgiving.” – Charles Bukowski
Quotes About Turkeys
You will also like our turkey captions. Check them out here:
- “The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we can agree so vehemently about? I don’t think so.” – Nora Ephron
- “The Thankstini: A fun and delicious new novelty drink I invented. Cranberry juice, potato vodka, and a bouillon cube. Tastes just like a turkey dinner.” – Barney Stinson
- “Coexistence: What the farmer does with the turkey—until Thanksgiving.” – Mike Connolly
- “A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.” – Kin Hubbard
- “Real ballplayers pass the stuffing by rolling it up in a ball and batting it across the table with a turkey leg.” – Tom Swyers
- “Cooking tip: Wrap turkey leftovers in aluminum foil and throw them out.” – Nicole Hollander
- “There’s always something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Even if it’s just not being a turkey.” – Unknown
- “Most people don’t realize turkeys are friendly, they’re social, they’re loyal, they have emotions.” – Shannon Elizabeth
- “Turkey: A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries, has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, ‘Man, just be yourself.'” – Mitch Hedberg
"May your stuffing be tasty May your turkey be plump, May your potatoes and gravy Have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious And your pies take the prize, And may your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off your thighs!" Unknown
Short Turkey Quotes
Short but sweet. How about these short turkey quotes:
- “Turkeys are perfect for feeding larger gatherings.” – Pipa Middleton
- “If you want to soar like an eagle in life, you can’t be flocking with the turkeys.” – Warren Buffett
- “Thanksgiving day. Let us all give humble, hearty, and sincere thanks now, but the turkeys.” – Mark Twain
- “We’re having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we’re having a swan. You get more stuffing.” – George Carlin
- “My favorite meal is turkey and mashed potatoes. I love Thanksgiving, it’s just my favorite. I can have Thanksgiving all year round.” – Cindy Margolis
- “Thanksgiving without tension is like a Thanksgiving without turkey. It can be done, but it is not the norm.” – Mary Schmich
- “If you associate with turkeys, you will never fly with the eagles.” – Brian Tracy
Time to check out these fun turkey puns next:
- “Smir-key, Per-ky, Quir-key Turkey.”
- “My gobble-let overfloweth.”
- “Stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.”
- “Pour some gravy on that turkey.”
- “This stuffing is the tur-key to my heart.”
- “Gravy train to freedom.” – Barack Obama
- “No fowl play involved in carving this turkey.”
- “To watch football or Butterball, that is the question.”
- “Fam knows the tur-key to my heart is pumpkin pie.”
- “We dress up on Halloween. Turkeys dress up on Thanksgiving.”
“Pie am so very grateful for this turkey.”Unknown
- “When turkeys get into a fight, they get the stuffing knocked out of them!”
- “The only thing that’s not eating on Thanksgiving is the turkey, because it’s stuffed.”
- “The difference between chickens and turkeys? Chickens celebrate Thanksgiving.”
- “Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey – until Thanksgiving.” – Mike Connolly
Funny Turkey Captions
Last but not least here is our fun turkey captions:
- Gobble gobble.
- Gobble ’til you wobble.
- Keep calm and gobble on.
- Stuffed with stuffing.
- Look at this feast; now let’s eat this beast.
- Stuffed more than a Butterball turkey.
- I’m thankful to have a family who takes eating as seriously as I do.
- Raise your gobble-let for a toast!
- Family and turkey and football—oh my!
- Gobble baby, gobble baby, gobble baby, gobble.
I also like to introduce you to the following seasonal quotes for kids:
- 100 Best Thanksgiving Quotes for Kids
- Gratitude Quotes
- Thankful Quotes
- Generosity Captions
- Pie Phrases
- Giving Quotes
- Giving Tuesday Sayings
- Friendship Quotes
- Welcome November
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Fall Quotes
- Winter Quotes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Ladybug Quotes
- Occasion Quotes
Easy Turkeys and Thanksgiving Activities
After you are done with these fun turkey quotes and sayings for Thanksgiving, go check out these fun Thanksgiving activities next:
- Thanksgiving Painting Ideas
- Funny Turkey Jokes
- 30+ Turkey Crafts
- Turkey Glitter Jar
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- DIY Pilgrim Hat Template
- DIY Thanksgiving Card Ideas
- Friendsgiving Game Ideas
- Thanksgiving Bingo
- Pumpkin Templates
- Corn Printables
- November Crafts
- No-Carve Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts
- Pumpkin Crafts
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY turkey card video tutorial for our cute turkey sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes about Witches
Don’t forget to save our 50 Top Turkeys Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about turkeys did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!