Are you looking for magical witch quotes? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 80 Best Witch Sayings for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
6 Interesting Witch Facts
Before we get started with our creepy witch quotes, let’s learn a little bit about them.
What is a Witch
According to Oxford Languages, a witch is a woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick.
Facts about Witches
- A lot of people believed in witches. In 1597 the of Scotland King James VI (who became king of England in 1603) wrote a book about demons and witches and the horrible things they do to people.
- Witches were said to have ‘familiars’ animals such as toads and cats, as a link to the world of magic.
- In order to test if a woman was a witch, people would perform a ‘ducking’. People throw the ‘witch’ into a pond or river with their hands and feet tied. If she escaped, she was a witch. Usually, they drowned!
- People asked “witches” for potions and spells, sometimes to make people fall in love with them.
- There are four witches not three in Macbeth. Hecate, Queen of the witches, appears in a scene that is often left out during the play.
- Did you know Shakespeare had a curse inscribed above his grave to discourage grave robbers from digging up his remains? The inscription reads: ‘Good frend for Iesvs sake forbeare, / To digg the dvst encloased heare. / Bleste be ye man yt spares thes stones, / And cvrst be he yt moves my bones’.
These and more facts about witches can be found in the following link.
10 Witch Jokes for Kids
But now let’s get humorous and get some giggles on with these witch jokes for kids:
- Why did the witch take up gardening? Because she wanted to grow her own “spook-tacular” ingredients!
- What do you call a witch who lives at the beach? A “sand-witch”!
- How do witches keep their hair in place while flying? With scare-spray!
- What kind of music do witches listen to? Scream and rock!
- Why did the witch bring a ladder to the bar? Because she heard the drinks were on the house!
- What do you call a witch who’s good at math? A “witch-ematician”!
- What do you get if you cross a witch with a detective? Halloween-specter!
- What did one witch say to the other witch at the bakery? “Do you think they have spell-cakes?”
- Why don’t witches ride their brooms when they’re angry? They’re afraid of “flying” off the handle!
- What do you call a witch who goes to the beach but never gets wet? A “dry-cicle”!
These witch jokes are perfect for adding some humor to Halloween or any other day, without any spooky scares!
Witch Books for Kids
Here are some great book recommendations on children’s witch books for you:
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
80 Best Witch Quotes for Kids
Time to let your inner witch out, it is Halloween!
Which costume are you wearing for Halloween? Did you consider being a witch this year?
Here are 80 Cool Witch Quotes for Kids to match your costumes.
Our list includes witch sayings for kids, cute witch quotes, witch puns, funny witch phrases, magical witch captions, and famous quotes about witches.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Witch Sayings for Kids
Let’s start off with our witch sayings for kids:
- “You are my little witch”
- “There’s a little witch in all of us.” – Practical Magic
- “You say witch like it’s a bad thing…” – Unknown
- “You be-witched me”
- “Little witch on her own; trusts her broom to take her home.” – Unknown
- “Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?” – Glinda the Good Witch, “The Wizard of Oz”
- “Everyone deserves a chance to fly.” – Elphaba, “Wicked”
- “Witch, we walk in fire because we are the fire.” – Lisa Lister
- “The first time I called myself a ‘Witch’ was the most magical moment of my life.” – Margot Adler
- “I think that all women are witches, in the sense that a witch is a magical being.” – Yoko Ono
Cute Witch Quotes
These cute witch quotes are not spooky or scary at all:
- “A witch lives here with her little monsters.”
- “The Wicked Witch Inn, stay for a spell.”
- Life’s a witch… and so am I!
- “I am wicked in many ways.” – Jessica Spotswood, “Born Wicked”
- “We all jump off the roof and fly.” — Sally Owens
- “Relax … it’s only magic.” — Sarah Bailey
- “I find the fastest way to travel is by candlelight.” — Tristan Thorn
- “For all you know, a witch may be living next door to you right now.” – Roald Dahl, “The Witches”
- “Never put your faith in a Prince. When you require a miracle, trust in a witch.” – Catherine M. Valente, “In the Night Garden”
- “Witches do not need to fix problems. Witches fix the energy around problems. Then the problems fix themselves.” – Dacha Avelin
“You’d think they’d never seen a girl and a cat on a broom before.”Kiki’s Delivery Service
Time to check out these fun witch puns next:
- Happy Halloween, witches!
- I smell children!
- What’s up my witches?
- Channeling my inner basic witch today.
- When you witch upon a star…
- Just here trying to creep things real, witches.
- We’ll be witcha in a minute…
- Check out my super o-witch-inal costume.
- You know what they say, payback’s a witch.
- Feeling like a boss witch today.
“Hey witches, it’s time to trick or treat yo’self.”Unknown
Quotes About Witches
What do you think about the following quotes on witches?
- Wanna hop on? I’ve got a broom with a view.
- “And remember, a witch, first and foremost, is a woman in her power.” – Lisa Lister
- “Witches don’t look like anything. Witches are. Witches do.” – Franny Billingsley
- “A witch never gets caught. Don’t forget that she has magic in her fingers and devilry dancing in her blood.” – Roald Dahl
- “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble.” – William Shakespeare, from “Macbeth”
- “Witches are moon-birds, witches are the women of the false, beautiful moon.” – Margery Sharp, “The Stone of Chastity”
- “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.” – Unknown
- “We are the granddaughters of the witches you weren’t able to burn.” – Tish Thawer, “The Witches of BlackBrook”
- “Witches are not only the mythical, broom-riding hags of folklore. They’re real, and they’re among us.” – Laurie Cabot
- “Witches were a bit like cats. They didn’t much like one another’s company, but they did like to know where all the other witches were, just in case they needed them.” – Terry Pratchett, “Witches Abroad”
Wicked Witch Quotes
Next are our wicked witch quotes. Enjoy!
- “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!” – Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West in “The Wizard of Oz.”
- “Oh, I see. You don’t want me to marry you at all. You want to get rid of me! You’re a wicked, wicked witch!” – L. Frank Baum, “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.”
- “Only bad witches are ugly.” – Glinda the Good Witch, “The Wizard of Oz.”
- “Come, little children, I’ll take thee away, into a land of enchantment.” – Sarah Sanderson, portrayed by Sarah Jessica Parker in “Hocus Pocus.”
- “I’ll curse their happiness if it’s the last thing I do!” – The Evil Queen, voiced by Lucille La Verne in Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”
- “It’s not fair! It’s not fair at all!” – The Wicked Witch of the East, portrayed by Billie Burke in “The Wizard of Oz.”
- “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” – The Evil Queen, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”
- “I’m melting! Melting!” – The Wicked Witch of the West, “The Wizard of Oz.”
- “I’m a powerful witch, you dolt. The only thing greater than my wrath is my vanity.” – Elphaba, from Gregory Maguire’s “Wicked.”
- “Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.” – The Three Witches in William Shakespeare’s “Macbeth.”
Funny Witch Quotes
Let’s continue with our fun witch quotes:
- Time to spell the beans, I guess!
- Let me make you an offer you chant refuse…
- Brewty is in the eye of the beholder.
- What do you call witches that live together? Broom-mates.
- What is every witch’s favorite way to write? In curse-ive.
- Who turns the lights off on Halloween? The light’s witch.
- What problem do you encounter with twin witches? You can never tell witch is witch.
- What do witches put on their hair? Scare spray.
- Why did the witch come home early from school? She was ex-spelled.
- What do you call a witch that loves the beach? A sand witch.
Magical Witch Quotes
You will also like our magical captions about witches. Go check them out here:
- “There is no magic when one no longer believes.” – Hilda Lewis, “The Ship That Flew”
- “It is important to remember that we all have magic inside us.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Halloween is my favorite time of year… of curse!” – Unknown
- “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl, “The Minpins”
- “You’ve always had the power, my dear. You just had to learn it for yourself.” – Glinda, “The Wizard of Oz”
- “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun. The light has been broken, the spell has begun.” – Midgard Morningstar
- “You’re the one that I wand! Ooh, ooh, ooh.” – Unknown
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
- “I always write ‘Magic Potion’ on my perfume bottles, so when I use them, it feels magical. I make spells in the morning when I put them on.” – Alexa Chung
- “But all the magic I have known I’ve had to make myself.” – Shel Silverstein
“Children see magic because they look for it.”Christopher Moore”
Famous Quotes About Witches
Last but not least let’s have a look at these famous quotes about witches.
- “Being a witch means living in this world consciously, powerfully, and unapologetically.” – Gabriela Herstik
- “The day he left me was the day I died. But then I was reborn as a witch.” The Love Witch
- “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.’ ” – Unknown
- “Come little children, I’ll take thee away, into a land of Enchantment. Come little children, the time’s come to play, here in my garden of magic.” – Sarah Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
- “‘Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world.” – William Shakespeare, “Hamlet”
- “I am a witch. A real house-haunting, broom-riding, cauldron-stirring witch.” – Samantha, “Bewitched”
- “A witch ought never be frightened in the darkest forest because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.” – Terry Pratchett, “Wintersmith”
- “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare, “MacBeth”
- “She is a woman who is able to fall in love with the magnificent possibilities of her power. She is a woman who radiates mystery. She is magnetic. She is a witch.” – Dasha Elliot
- “A witch is a woman who emerges from deep within herself.” – Dasha Elliot
“You girls need to learn to fight. When witches don’t fight, we burn.”Fiona
Please be aware that all witch quotes for kids and adults without authors are from unknown sources.
I also like to introduce you to the following Halloween and fall quotes for kids:
- Monster Captions
- Halloween Party Invitation Sayings
- Jack-o-lantern Phrases
- Ghost Captions
- Bat Sayings
- Skeleton Quotes
- Frankenstein Phrases
- Candy Corn Puns
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Fall Quotes
- Hello October Wishes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Halloween Sayings for Kids
- Hello October
- Welcome November
- Gratitude Quotes
Easy Witch and Halloween Activities
After you are done with these spooky witch quotes and sayings, go check out these fun Witch and Halloween activities next:
- Handprint Witch Card
- 3D Paper Witch Hat
- Egg Carton Witch
- Witch Shoe Wreath
- Monster Crafts
- Friendly Monster Art
- Cursive Name Monster
- Halloween Party Invitations
- DIY Halloween Card Ideas
- Pumpkin Arts and Crafts
- Backyard Pumpkin Patch Ideas
- Pumpkin Printables
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Candy Corn Printables
- Skeleton Crafts
- Bat Templates
- Mummy Templates
- Scarecrow Projects
- Frankenstein Crafts
- Halloween Games
- Mummy Ideas
- Ghost Luminaries
- Halloween Pencil Eraser
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
- Spider Art
- Ghost Art and Crafts
- Toddler Halloween Activities
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY witch hat video tutorial for our witch sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes about Witches
Don’t forget to save our 80 Top Witch Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about witches did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!