Are you looking for cute monster sayings for kids? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 100+ Monster Quotes for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- What is a Monster
- Fear of Monsters
- 10 Monster Jokes for Kids
- Monster Books for Kids
- 100 Best Monster Quotes for Kids
- More Quotes
- Easy Monster and Halloween Activities
What is a Monster
Before we get started, let’s find out what monsters actually are.
According to the oxford dictionary, a monster is a very large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature.
Fear of Monsters
It is pretty common in pre-school-age children to be afraid of monsters.
If this is the case you should figure out what tricks this phobia.
Here are 4 tips for treating the fear of monsters in kids:
- Monster repellant
- Comforting routine
- Reward “brave”behavior
- Respect and reassurance
Some parents use a “monster spray” to help their kids battle the fear of monsters others encourage a soothing bedtime routine to calm down the child’s nerves.
Some kids thrive on the attention their fears draw, and refocus their attention. Provide a short “monster check” and leave the room.
Whatever you do, never laugh at the child’s fear or use fear to get rid of bad behavior. Show respect and sensitivity to your children’s feelings.
And more information on the fear of monsters and how to treat them can be found here.
10 Monster Jokes for Kids
Not all monsters are scary monsters and do not exist in real life.
If your children still are afraid I hope some of the tips above will help you against their phobia.
So how about some fun to lighten up the mood?
Here are some funny monster jokes for kids.
- What hangs from monster trees? Frankenvines.
- Why did Frankenstein’s Monster ask for a check-up? He felt stiff all over.
- Why were the children upset with Dracula when they played baseball together? All he wanted to do was bat.
- What do monsters order with a sandwich? Ghoulslaw.
- Why are mummies the best detectives? They know how to wrap up a mystery.
- Why is Frankenstein’s Monster always smiling? The doctor keeps him in stitches.
- What do you do when 10 boogeyman are at your front door? Hope it’s Halloween.
- Why did the monster need lip balm? His lips were Kraken.
- What is a dangerous way to reach the attic of a haunted house? The Monstairs.
These and more kids’ monster jokes can be found here.
Monster Books for Kids
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
100 Best Monster Quotes for Kids
Are your children afraid a monster lives in their room?
Since we learned that monsters are not real and how to help our children to overcome their fear, let’s start off with our Monster Lines.
Our list includes cute monster sayings, short monster quotes for kids, monster poems, funny monster phrases, fun monster puns, monster quotes for Halloween, becoming a monster quotes, monster inc and cookie monster quotes, and famous monster captions.
Let’s have a look and get inspired
Cute Monster Sayings for Kids
First, I like to start with our cute monster quotes for kids:
- “Mommy’s little monster.”
- “Monsters come in all shapes and sizes.” ‒ Neil Gaiman.
- “Little monsters take their bath.”
- “Candy monster.”
- “Beware of little monsters.”
- “Cutest little monster”
- “So Franken cute”
- “I teach the cutest little monsters.”
- “Raising little monsters.”
- “My favorite little monster.”
- “Little monster in training.”
- “Learn to love your inner monster.”
- “You are fang-tastic!”
- “It is much more fun to scare than to be scared.”
Short Monster Quotes
Short but sweet. Let’s check out these short monster lines:
- “I want to be a vampire. They’re the coolest monsters.” – Gerard Way
- “Monsters are the patron saints of imperfection.” – Guillermo del Toro
- “The world seems full of good men – even if there are monsters in it.” – Bram Stoker
- “The dream of reason produces monsters.” – Francisco Goya
- “But perhaps the monsters needed to look out for each other every now and then.” – Sarah J. Maas
- “The monsters in my closet Like to sleep the day away. So when I get home from school, I let them out to play.” – Unknown
- “Monsters don’t get happy endings.” – Paula Stokes
- “We create monsters and then we can’t control them.” – Joel Coen
- “I’ve done enough running from monsters. It’s time to do some chasing.” – Noah Schnapp
- “Monsters aren’t as scary if you start shining lights on them.” – Wyatt Cenac
“Not all the monsters have fangs.”J. A. London
- “Heroes need monsters to establish their heroic credentials.” – Margaret Atwood
- “You get to choose what monsters you want to slay.” – Carrie Fisher
- “Everyone carries around his own monsters.” – Richard Pryor
- “Where there is a monster, there is a miracle.” – Ogden Nash
- “The real world is where the monsters are.” – Rick Riordan
If you like poems check out the following monster rhymes.
- “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “This is a world where there are monsters. There are monsters everywhere, raccoons and skunks. There are possums outside, there are monsters in my bed.” ‒ Dorothea Lasky, ‘Monsters’
- “The monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head. I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see. Because all this time the monster has been me.” – Nikita Gill
Funny Monster Quotes
Time to for our funny monster sayings:
- “The monster under the bed needs a cookie” – Unknown
- I created a monster.
- Why was there no food left at the end of the monster party? Because everyone was a goblin.
- What did the sea monster say to the comedian? You’re Kraken me up.
- We all know Albert Einstein was a genius. But his brother Frank was a monster.
- What do you call a big white furry monster with a six-pack? The abdominal snowman.
- Monsters aren’t usually good at math. Unless you count Dracula.
- I hear you’re hunting the Loch Ness monster. May not be Nessie-ssary, but Beast of Loch to you!
- What do sea monsters eat? Fish ‘n’ ships.
- Why did the sea monster eat 5 ships that were carrying potatoes? No one can eat just one potato ship.
Fun Monster Puns
These weren’t enough then how about these fun monster phrases?
- “Little Monster”
- “Franken Cutie”
- “Become the monster”
- Where do you find a monster snail? At the end of a monster’s finger.
- I went into work early today and switched as many of the m and n keys as I could. Some might call me a monster, others a nomster.
- On what day do monsters eat people? Chewsday.
- What’s the best thing to give a seasick monster? Plenty of room.
- What do you call a monster you can’t find? A where wolf.
- How do you greet a three-headed monster? Hello, hello, hello.
Monster Quotes for Halloween
Halloween is the monster season. Enjoy the following Halloween monster quotes.
- “Witches, Monsters, Black Cats, and Screams I can’t wait for Halloween!”
- “Home of the werewolf, witches, and their little monsters.”
- “A witch with her little monsters lives here with one handsome devil.”
- “Lock your windows, bolt the door: Monster season here once more!”
“Welcome to the monster mash.”Unknown
Check out more Halloween Quotes here.
I Am a Monster Quotes and Sayings
In case you are looking for I am a monster or becoming a monster quotes you are at the right place:
- “They all want me – I’m a monster.” ‒ Becky G.
- “The ego is a fascinating monster.” ‒ Alanis Morissette.
- “I’m a monster inside and out.” ‒ Wade Wilson, ‘Deadpool’.
- “That thing, that beast. It came from inside me.” ‒ Beast Boy, ‘Teen Titans’.
- “You have that look in your eyes, from the forest. When you called me a monster.” ‒ Kylo Ren, ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’.
- “I do not sleep because I am not only afraid of the monsters at my door, but also of the monsters my own mind can conjure. The ones that live within.” ‒ Samantha Shannon.
- “I’m just fooling myself. She’ll never see me as anything more but a monster. It’s hopeless.” ‒ The Beast, ‘Beauty And The Beast’.
“I’m a very neat monster.”Jeff Lindsay.
Monster Inc Quotes
Do your children like the monster inc movie? Here are some monster movie quotes and sayings for you.
- “Kids these days. They just don’t get scared anymore like they used to.”
- “We scare because we care.”
- “Scary feet, scary feet, scary feet!”
- “There’s more to life than scaring.”
- “Just the other day someone asked who was the most beautiful monster. You know what I said? I said… Sulley?”
- “How do I become a scarer?”
- “Hey, may the best monster win.”
- “Fight that plaque. Scary monsters don’t have plaque.”
- “Oh, that’s great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must’ve read the schedule wrong with his one eye.”
- “I wasn’t scared. I have allergies.”
Cookie Monster Quotes
Cookie monster is my favorite Sesame street character. Go check out these adorable cookie monster sayings.
- “Keep Calm & Eat Cookies”
- “C is for cookie that’s good enough for me.”
- “Om Nom Nom Nom”
- “Home is where heart is. Heart where cookie is. Math clear: home is cookie.”
- “I’d give you a cookie, but I ate it.”
- “Me Love to Eat Cookies.”
- “Chocolate chip important to me… It mean whole lot to me… Om nom nom nom.”
- “Me love poetry… and cookies!”
- “No get upset, okay? Don’t get excited. Me not fussy — just give me box of cookies.”
- “Me lost me cookie at the disco.”
“Cookie is like high five for stomach.”Cookie Monster
- “Me just met you and this is crazy, but you got cookie, so share it maybe?”
- C is for cookie, that’s good enough for me
- “Early bird gets the worm. But cookie taste better than worm. So me sleep in.”
- Me want to eat cookie. Here and there eat entire, now and then me bite it.”
Famous Quotes About Monsters
Last, here are famous monster captions:
- “M& my fellow fairies are running away from a huge monster that keeps destroying our homeland, sobbed Farina. The monster is terribly scary, has huge jaws, creates clouds of smoke & makes loads of noise everywhere it goes.” – Magda M. Olchawska
- “Oh, monsters are scared, said Lettie. That’s why they’re monsters.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”‒ Stephen King.
- “It was more like two scared kids huddling in the dark when they knew the monster under the bed wasn’t just real, but was holding a grudge.” – Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
- “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.” ‒ Friedrich Nietzsche.
- “The scariest monsters are the ones that lurk within our souls.” – Edgar Allen Poe.
- “I’m probably a monster-of-the-week guy, and that comes back down to my old favorite show, which as a kid was always Scooby-Doo.” – Author: Rhys Darby
- “We all have a monster somewhere inside us,” Charlotte said. “Like I was saying about the kids. Sometimes it’s aggressive, sometimes it finds other forms of attack, and other times it’s a cowardly one.” – Author: Wildbow
- “What I want is a way to put Universal monster toys back in the aisles alongside ‘Star Wars’ and all the other stuff and introduce today’s kids to the classic monsters.” – Author: Harry Knowles
- “I want to create a kind of new monster language for kids to play with, pick up, and incorporate into their own vocabularies.” – Author: Harry Knowles
“Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters.”Stephen King.
I also like to introduce you to the following Halloween and fall quotes for kids:
- Halloween Party Invitation Sayings
- Jack-o-lantern Phrases
- Bat Sayings
- Ghost Puns
- Skeleton Quotes
- Witch Captions
- Frankenstein Phrases
- Candy Corn Puns
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Fall Quotes
- Hello October Wishes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Halloween Sayings for Kids
- Hello October
- Welcome November
- Gratitude Quotes
Easy Monster and Halloween Activities
After you are done with these spooky monster quotes and sayings, go check out these fun Halloween activities next:
- Monster Crafts
- Friendly Monster Art
- Cursive Name Monster
- Halloween Party Invitations
- DIY Halloween Card Ideas
- Pumpkin Arts and Crafts
- Backyard Pumpkin Patch Ideas
- Pumpkin Printables
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Candy Corn Printables
- Skeleton Crafts
- Bat Templates
- Mummy Templates
- Scarecrow Projects
- Frankenstein Crafts
- Halloween Games
- Mummy Ideas
- Ghost Luminaries
- Halloween Pencil Eraser
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
- Spider Art
- Ghost Art and Crafts
- Toddler Halloween Activities
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY monster card video tutorial for our friendly monster sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes on Monsters for Kids
Don’t forget to save our Top 100 Monster Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about monsters did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!