Are you looking for spooky skeleton sayings? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 70 Skeleton Quotes for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Fun Facts About the Skeletal System
Skeletons might seem spooky to your children but they can be super fascinating. Here are 7 Fun Skeleton Facts for Kids:
- Your skeleton has more than 200 bones.
- Our body has two types of bone.
- The Bones are filled with spongy tissue.
- Can you believe, babies are born with 300 bones?
- Our smallest bone is in the ear.
- The longest bone is in our leg.
- Bones are designed to take a beating.
Did you know that your body has over 200 bones? To be exact 206. Each bone plays an important role. They make all the mechanics of your body function properly.
There are two types of bones. Cortical bones out of hard, dense material which helps our structure. And the trabecular bones, are soft and spongy and often found inside large bones and in the pelvis, ribs, and skull.
The spongy tissue in bones is bone marrow which is found inside large bones like your hips, pelvis, and femur. Bone marrow houses stem cells, which are responsible for producing many important cells, including blood, brain, heart, and bone cells.
While we learned that adults have 206 bones, babies are born with almost 100 more. It is not that bones disappear when we grow older, but they fuse together and form larger bones instead.
The smallest of our body bones is in our inner ear and the largest bone runs from your hip to your knee.
Bones can break, but they are designed to stand daily wear and tear. Some bones even must be able to absorb your body and weight in force, so they must be resilient.
You can find these and more facts about our skeletal system here.
Skeleton Books for Kids
We love to round up our kid’s activities with matching fun facts and stories to read. Here are some skeleton books I found for you:
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
70 Best Skeleton Quotes for Kids
Leaves are falling and Halloween is getting closer. Time to get spooky!
So why not start with matching skeleton Halloween activities or even make a DIY skeleton card?
You can find the matching Skeleton Quotes for Kids for your crafts here.
Our list includes skeleton sayings for kids, short and cute skeleton quotes, quotes about skeletons, fun skeleton puns, famous sayings about skeletons, and funny skeleton captions for kids.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Skeleton Sayings for Kids
Here are some of our favorite skeleton sayings for kids:
- Bad to the bone.
- See, I’m not fat – I’m big boned.
- Creep it real
- Halloween greetings from your favorite bonehead.
- “Beneath the skin, we’re all the same.” – Unknown
- “A skeleton’s best friend is its funny bone!” – Unknown
- “Don’t let fear rattle your bones; embrace the unknown with a grin!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons remind us that what’s on the inside matters most.” – Unknown
- “Keep your bones strong and your spirit stronger!” – Unknown
- “Life is a dance, and your skeleton’s got the rhythm!” – Unknown
“Bone to be wild”Unknown
Cute Skeleton Quotes for Kids
Your kids will love the following cute skeleton quotes:
- “May you have a bag full of candy, bones, and loads of fun.”
- “It’s gonna be a great Halloween. I can feel it in my bones.”
- “Keep a smile on your face, even when you’re just bones.” – Unknown
- “Life is short, but my spirit is eternal.” – Unknown
- “Beneath this bony exterior lies a heart full of love.” – Unknown
- “I may be all bones, but I’ve got a lot of heart.” – Unknown
- “Even skeletons need a good tickle from time to time!” – Unknown
- “Life is like a puzzle, and I’m the happiest little piece in the skeleton crew!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons dance through life one step at a time.” – Unknown
- “In the end, what matters most are the memories we make, not the bones we break.” – Unknown
Short Skeleton Quotes
Short but sweet are our following skeleton quotes for children:
- “The bones of the dead are exposed to the living.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Beneath this mask, another mask. I will never be finished removing all these faces.” – Claude Cahun
- “Skeletons in the closet are fine, as long as they dance to your tune.” – John Mark Green
- “It’s not the flesh and bones but the heart that makes us human.” – Michael Jackson
- “Skeletons were all that was left of her dreams.” – Atticus Poetry
- What’s a skeleton’s favorite tree? A s-pine tree.
- Who was the most famous skeleton detective? Sherlock Bones
- What’s a skeleton’s favorite plant? A bone-zai.
- Why are skeletons so calm? Because nothing gets under their skin!
- What kind of birds do they find at skeleton beach? Sea-skulls.
What do you call a skeleton who won’t work?Lazy bones
Fun Skeleton Puns
Time to check out these fun skeleton puns:
- I’ve been working my fingers to the bone to make this the best Halloween ever.
- The skeleton knew what would happen next—he could just feel it in his bones.
- The skeleton canceled the gallery showing of his skull-ptures because his heart wasn’t in it.
- Did you hear about the skeleton that dropped out of medical school? He just didn’t have the stomach for it.
- “What do you call a skeleton who won’t fight? Lazy bones!”
- “Why did the skeleton go to the party alone? Because he had no body to go with!”
- “Skeletons are good at math because they have a lot of ‘backbone’!”
- “What do you say to a skeleton who’s about to eat? Bone appétit!”
- “Why don’t skeletons fight each other? They don’t have the guts!”
- “Did you hear about the skeleton who couldn’t go to the dance? He had no body to take!”
What’s a skeleton’s least favourite room in the house?The living room
Funny Skeleton Quotes
Let’s see our funny Halloween skeleton quotes next:
- Why didn’t the skeleton dance at the Halloween party? He had no body to dance with!
- What happened to the skeleton who stayed by the fire for too long? He became bone dry
- Why did the skeleton run up the tree? A dog wanted to eat its bones.
- That skeleton sure brought his appetite to the picnic—and also some spare ribs.
- “I’m friends with the skeleton in my closet. We have a bone to pick with you!” – Unknown
- “Why did the skeleton go to the party alone? Because he had no body to go with him!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons are great at keeping secrets; they’re so good at keeping things under wraps!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons don’t play hide and seek because good luck hiding when you’re all bones!” – Unknown
- “What’s a skeleton’s least favorite room in the house? The living room, of course!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons may not have the stomach for it, but they sure know how to throw a rib-tickling party!” – Unknown
The one instrument that the skeleton can play better than others is the trom-bone.Unknown
Famous Quotes About Skeletons
You will also like our famous skeleton phrases. Go check them out here:
- If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. – George Bernard Shaw
- The world dies over and over again, but the skeleton always gets up and walks. – Henry Miller
- “The magnificence of my skeleton is hidden by the weight of my flesh.” – Vera Caspary
- “The bones of the dead are exposed in the desert, and it is a sight to make the flesh creep.” – Herodotus
- “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “Skeletons in the closet? Oh, we don’t have any of those. We have an entire graveyard!” – Unknown
- “To me, a skeleton is no more a symbol of death than a telephone pole is a symbol of a birthday present.” – Bette Midler
- “We all have our skeletons, darling. Just keep them in the closet where they belong.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way.” – Blackfoot Proverb
- “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” – Norman Cousins
“The skeleton of success is self-discipline.”Sunday Adelaja
Last but not least are our skeleton captions for your next social media interaction with family and friends.
- “Bone to be wild!” – Unknown
- “Keep calm and rattle on.” – Unknown
- “Skele-fun is my kind of fun!” – Unknown
- “I’m all bones and a lot of soul.” – Unknown
- “Just hanging out, bone by bone.” – Unknown
- “Life is better when you’re bone-tiful.” – Unknown
- “Halloween vibes: Spooktacular!” – Unknown
- “Stay spook-tacular, my friends!” – Unknown
- “Boney and proud of it!” – Unknown
- “Skeletons have the best ‘bare’ essentials.” – Unknown
Please be aware that all skeleton quotes without authors are from unknown sources.
I like to introduce you to the following Halloween and fall quotes for kids:
- Halloween Quotes for Kids
- Jack-O-Lantern Captions
- Halloween Party Invitation Sayings
- Witch Phrases
- Monster Quotes
- Frankenstein Captions
- Bat Sayings
- Candy Corn Puns
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Fall Quotes
- Hello October Wishes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Halloween Sayings for Kids
- Welcome November
- Gratitude Quotes
22 Easy Skeleton and Halloween Activities
Do you need more Halloween ideas for your kids? Then check out the following activities for Halloween:
- Skeleton Crafts
- Bat Templates
- DIY Halloween Card Ideas
- Halloween Party Invitations
- Mummy Templates
- Monster Crafts
- Scarecrow Projects
- Frankenstein Crafts
- Halloween Games
- Mummy Ideas
- Ghost Luminaries
- Halloween Pencil Eraser
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
- Candy Corn Templates
- Spider Art
- Ghost Art and Crafts
- Toddler Halloween Activities
- No-Carve Pumpkin Decoration
- Friendly Monster Art
- Free Printable Pumpkin Templates
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Cursive Name Monster
- Pumpkin Crafts
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY skeleton skull card video tutorial for our fun skeleton sayings for kids.
Pin Our Skeleton Pun Captions
Don’t forget to save our 70 Top Skeleton Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about skeletons did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!