Are you looking for inspiring Advent quotes? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 100 Advent Sayings, Wishes, and Messages for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Fascinating Advent Facts
Before we get started with our Advent quotes for kids, let’s learn a little bit about this special season right before Christmas.
- The Season of Advent begins on a Sunday about four weeks before Christmas Day.
- This year the first Advent is on Sunday, 27 November 2022.
- It is celebrated by most Christian Churches, as well as some other Christian communities.
- Christians use this time to prepare themselves for the celebration of the Nativity of Christ at Christmas and the Coming of Jesus, when he shall rule over all the Earth in peace.
- Some people use this time to study, fast, meditate and pray.
- Special Advent Calendars are made for children, with pictures or treats for each day of Advent.
- It is very common to have an advent wreath with 4 candles in most countries. Every Advent Sunday one more candle will be lit so that by the 4th week all 4 candles are burning.
These and more inspiring facts about the Advent season can be found in the following link.
Advent Books for Kids
Here are some great book recommendations on kids’ advent books for you:
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
100 Best Advent Quotes for Kids
Advent is around the corner and Christmas will be faster than we expect.
Get ready to light your first Advent candle on your wreath or maybe even write a holiday card with these adorable Advent Quotes for Kids.
Our list includes Advent sayings for kids, short and famous Advent quotes, first Advent quotes, wishes, and messages, happy Advent wishes, inspirational Advent Quotes, religious quotes about the Advent, and Advent season Quotes from the pope.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Advent Sayings for Kids
Here are some of our favorite happy Advent quotes for kids:
- “Advent = Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love”
- “Happy Advent Sunday!”
- “May the light shine bright for you this Advent”
- “It is Advent, time to prepare for Jesus Christ to arrive!”
- “Happy First Advent”
- “Advent is an invitation to see the world beyond yourself”
- “May the advent light always shine on you.”
- “It is the most wonderful time of the year!”
- “Advent, advent, a candle is burning. First one, then two, then three, then four. Then the Christkind is standing in front of the door.”
- “Happy Advent to you and your family”
The Advent season is around the corner. Here are some Advent wishes for your family and friends:
- “May the advent of Christ usher in happiness and prosperity, in your life and your loved ones too. Have a blessed Advent”
- “I wish that this holiday season brings in your life more happiness and lots of blessings. Wishing in advance a warm Advent Sunday.”
- “It is time to prepare ourselves, our homes, and our hearts for the love and blessings Jesus is going to shower us with on this auspicious day. Happy Advent Sunday to you.”
- “I wish that your holiday season starts with lots of smiles, happiness, and blessings for you and your loved ones. Warm greetings on the occasion of Advent Sunday to you.”
- “May the festive vibes of this special occasion infuse your home and heart with eternal joys and happiness. Wishing a cheerful and blessed Advent Sunday to you and your loved ones.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Advent Sunday to you and your family. Don’t miss this chance to thank Jesus and offer him prayers to have a blessed and cheerful Christmas with your loved ones.”
- “Happy Advent Sunday to you. May this festive occasion mark a perfect beginning to the Christmas celebrations. Wishing you good and happy times with your loved ones.”
- “May the Lord guide you in whatever you do. Happy Advent”
- “On this auspicious occasion of Advent, I am wishing that the blessings of the Lord be with you and all that you do!”
- “Wishing in advance a very Happy Advent Sunday full of enjoyment and preparation to make it the most memorable Christmas celebration.”
- “Don’t forget to light the candles and offer prayers to Jesus for happiness, peace, and prosperity in our lives. Wishing a very Happy Advent Sunday to you and your family.”
Happy Advent Messages for Kids
Now here are some adorable happy Advent wishes:
- “Wishing a very Happy Advent Sunday to you. This special occasion reminds us that to begin our Christmas preparations and make it the most memorable day of the year.”
- “May hope, peace, joy, and love fill your home and heart! Wishing you a blessed Advent.”
- ‘Let our faith come together to bring brightness and happiness into our lives and kill all the darkness that surrounds us. Happy Advent Sunday.”
- “May the Advent Season bring to you peace, warmth, and cozy gatherings with loved ones. Happy holiday season.”
- “May the holy and blessed occasion of Advent bring peace, joy, and warmth.”
- “On the occasion of Advent Sunday, I wish that you begin the Christmas preparations with your family to enjoy the most amazing Christmas celebrations. Happy Advent Sunday my dear.”
- “May the joy and wonder of Advent – Refresh your spirit and light up your life.”
- “I wish that the season of Advent brings with it peace and happiness.”
- “May the Lord’s blessings always be with you.”
First Advent Wishes for Kids
The first advent has arrived. How about this matching first Advent quotes and messages?
- “Happy first Advent Sunday! Light a candle and have a peaceful Sunday everyone!”
- “On the occasion of the First Sunday of Advent, I wish you a heart full of joy and life blessed with peace… Wishing you a wonderful festive season with your loved ones.”
- “May your home and heart be full of new hopes and joy. May you find success and prosperity with the blessings of the Almighty. Happy First Advent Sunday.”
- Wishing you new hopes, new dreams, and new opportunities for a prosperous tomorrow on the auspicious occasion of Advent Sunday!!!
- “May the most awaited Sunday of the year usher you with prosperity and happiness. With lots of love, I wish you a Happy First Advent Sunday.”
- “On the auspicious occasion of First Advent Sunday, I wish that Almighty bless you with new opportunities and new hopes for a better life.”
- “On the First Sunday of Advent, I wish you have the most beautifully decorated house and most amazing puddings and cakes to enjoy. Happy Advent Sunday to you.”
- “The First Sunday of Advent is here and it is time to start decorating the house, trimming the Xmas tree, enjoying plum cakes and puddings. Happy Advent Sunday to you!”
- “Wishing you a very Happy First Advent Sunday. May this festive season be full of surprises, merriment, and joy for you.”
- “May the occasion of Advent be the advent of happiness and success in your life. Wishing you lots of happiness on First Advent Sunday.”
“Advent Sunday reminds us that we must begin the preparations for Christmas to make it a beautiful holiday season for the ones we love. Happy First Sunday of Advent.”Unknown
Happy Advent Quotes for Kids
As the anticipation of the holiday season builds, share the joy with these 10 Happy Advent Quotes specially crafted for kids, each one twinkling with the spirit of excitement and merriment.
- “Advent is like a magical countdown, turning each day into a sparkly, starry step closer to Christmas!”
- “Waking up each morning in December is like opening a new door on a giant holiday calendar of happiness.”
- “During Advent, even the snowflakes are whispering secrets about the wonders awaiting us on Christmas morning!”
- “Advent is a time machine that fast-forwards us to the most wonderful day of the year – December 25th!”
- “In the Advent forest, every day is a new present waiting to be unwrapped with smiles and laughter.”
- “Advent is the jolliest puzzle – each day is a piece, and when you put them together, you get a picture-perfect Christmas!”
- “The best part of Advent? It’s like having a pocketful of joy that you get to pull out every day!”
- “During Advent, even Monday feels like a little Friday – because each day is a celebration!”
- “Advent is the magical time when bedtime stories come alive, and dreams are wrapped in tinsel and sprinkled with joy.”
- “Counting down to Christmas during Advent is like sprinkling happiness on each day – and the best part is, it’s calorie-free!”
Short Advent Quotes
Short but sweet. Let’s check out these short season of Advent quotes:
- “Advent: the time to listen for footsteps – you can’t hear footsteps when you’re running yourself.” – Bill McKibben
- “The word advent means ‘expectation’. What advent can do for us is create a sense of hope.” – Louie Giglio.
- “Advent creates people, new people.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- “With the advent of genetic engineering, the time required for the evolution of new species may literally collapse.” – Dee Hock
- “Advent is not about a sentimental waiting for the Baby Jesus.” – Richard Rohr
- “Into this world, this demented inn in which there is absolutely no room for him at all, Christ comes uninvited.” – Thomas Merton.
- “Advent: the time to listen for footsteps – you can’t hear footsteps when you’re running yourself.” – Bill McKibben
- “Advent is the season that can remind us God is working while we’re waiting and we’re really waiting with God.” – Louie Giglio
- “The word advent means “expectation.” What advent can do for us is create a sense of hope.” – Louie Giglio
- “Advent, like its cousin Lent, is a season for prayer and reformation of our hearts.” – Edward Hays, ‘A Pilgrim’s Almanac’.
“I don’t think we’ll understand Advent correctly until we see it as a preparation for a revolution.”Robert Barron
Inspirational Advent Quotes for Kids
Let’s start off with our inspirational quotes about Advent:
- “I am determined to enjoy each day to the fullest. I don’t want to wish away Christmas. I want to enjoy these last moments of Advent and look forward to Jesus’s birth with anticipation.” – Shelley Shepard Gray
- “The advent of truth, like the dawn of day, agitates the elements, while it disperses the gloom.” – Elias Lyman Magoon.
- “The waiting of Advent teaches us to live in increments, in small pieces rather than large chunks. Waiting also teaches us to measure our progress slowly.” – Holly Whitcomb.
- “The celebration of Advent is possible only to those who are troubled in soul, who know themselves to be poor and imperfect, and who look forward to something greater to come.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- “We celebrate the First Advent to whet our appetites for the Second. We long for the next coming.” – Max Lucado
- “A prison cell, in which one waits, hopes…and is completely dependent on the fact that the door of freedom has to be opened from the outside, is not a bad picture of Advent.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “With the advent of spring and beginning of the new harvest season the creators of abundance, our peasants, come out to the fields to sow with good aspirations and hopes.” – Islom Karimov
- The season of Advent means there is something on the horizon the likes of which we have never seen before. So stay. Sit. Linger. Tarry. Ponder. Wait. Behold. Wonder. There will be time enough for running. – Jan Richardson.
- “After a person dies, there is always something like a feeling of stupefaction, so difficult is it to comprehend this unexpected advent of nothingness and to resign oneself to believing it.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “In any case, in so far as our knowledge of the universe carries us, the advent of civilization for the first time on our globe represents the highest ascent of the life processes to which evolution had anywhere attained.” – James Henry Breasted
Advent Quotes From the Pope
Here are some Advent sayings from the pope:
- “Advent is a journey towards Bethlehem. May we let ourselves be drawn by the light of God made man.” – Pope Francis.
- “Advent’s intention is to awaken the most profound and basic emotional memory within us, namely, the memory of the God who became a child. This is a healing memory; it brings hope. The purpose of the Church’s year is continually to rehearse her great history of memories, to awaken the heart’s memory so that it can discern the star of hope.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Advent is the spiritual season of hope par excellence, and in this season, the whole Church is called to be hope, for itself and for the world.” – Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Ratzinger).
- “Advent is the spiritual season of hope par excellence, and in this season the whole Church is called to be hope, for itself and for the world.” ~ Pope Benedict XVI
- “Advent is a journey towards Bethlehem. May we let ourselves be drawn by the light of God-made man.” – Pope Francis
- “It is the beautiful task of Advent to awaken in all of us memories of goodness and thus to open doors of hope.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Advent, this powerful liturgical season that we are beginning, invites us to pause in silence to understand a presence. It is an invitation to understand that the individual events of the day are hints that God is giving us, signs of the attention he has for each one of us.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Advent increases our hope, a hope which does not disappoint. The Lord never lets us down.” – Pope Francis
- “Christmas isn’t just a temporal celebration or the memory of a beautiful (event); Christmas is more … Christmas is an encounter!” – Pope Francis.
- “To predispose our mind to welcome the Lord who, as we say in the Creed, one day will come to judge the living and the dead, we must learn to recognize him as present in the events of daily life. Therefore, Advent is, so to speak, an intense training that directs us decisively toward him who already came, who will come, and who comes continuously.” – Pope John Paul II
Religious Advent Quotes for Kids
Next, we going to have a look at our religious Advent quotes:
- “God of hope, I look to you with an open heart and yearning spirit. During this Advent season, I will keep alert and awake, listening for your word and keeping to your precepts. My hope is in you.” – Matthew Kelly.
- “Every year we celebrate the holy season of Advent, O God. Every year we pray those beautiful prayers of longing and waiting, and sing those lovely songs of hope and promise.”
- “The advent of the Christian God, as the maximum god attained so far, was therefore accompanied by the maximum feeling of guilty indebtedness on earth.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The Lord is coming, always coming. When you have ears to hear and eyes to see, you will recognize him at any moment of your life. Life is Advent; life is recognizing the coming of the Lord.” – Henri Nouwen.
- “Every year we celebrate the holy season of Advent, O God. Every year we pray those beautiful prayers of longing and waiting, and sing those lovely songs of hope and promise.” – Karl Rahner
- “Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us, or rather we with Him, in resurrection, ascension, triumph, and Second Advent splendor.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Advent allows us to recover during this four-week journey. It begins four Sundays before Christmas all the way up to Christmas. It lets us breath in those moments of faithfulness and helps us recognize that God is working.” – Louie Giglio
- “The occasion of Advent Sunday is a journey that establishes a connection between our hearts and Jesus. Warm wishes on the auspicious occasion of Advent Sunday to you.” – Unknown
“Great God, what do I see and hear! The end of things created! The judge of mankind doth appear On clouds of glory seated! The trumpet sounds; the graves restore, The dead which they contained before; Prepare, my soul, to meet Him!” Martin Luther
Famous Quotes About the Advent
Last but not least our famous Advent season quotes.
- “The advent of electronically synthesized sound after World War II has unquestionably had enormous influence on music in general.” – George Crumb
- “At this Christmas when Christ comes, will He find a warm heart? Mark the season of Advent by loving and serving others with God’s own love and concern.” – Mother Teresa
- “Self-discipline, although difficult, and not always easy while combating negative emotions should be a defensive measure. At least we will be able to prevent the advent of negative conduct dominated by negative emotion. That is ‘shila’, or moral ethics. Once we develop this by familiarizing ourselves with it, along with mindfulness and conscientiousness, eventually that pattern and way of life will become a part of our own life.” – Dalai Lama
- “If I were but sure that I should live to see the coming of the Lord, it would be the joyfulest tidings in the world. O that I might see His kingdom come! It is the characteristic of His saints to love His appearing and to look for that blessed hope. “The Spirit and the bride say, Come.” “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”” – Richard Baxter
- “Every time we open our mouths and speak, we are either saying let there be light or let there be darkness.” – Max Lucado
- “How can God stoop lower than to come and dwell with a poor humble soul? Which is more than if he had said, such a one should dwell with him; for a beggar to live at court is not so much as the king to dwell with him in his cottage.” – William Gurnall
- “For outlandish creatures like us, on our way to a heart, a brain, and courage, Bethlehem is not the end of our journey but only the beginning – not home but the place through which we must pass if ever we are to reach home at last.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Advent is the season of the secret, the secret of the growth of Christ, of divine love growing in silence…For nine months, Christ grew in his mother’s body. By his own will, she formed him from herself, from the simplicity of her daily life.” – Caryll Houselander
I also like to introduce you to the following quotes for kids:
- Saint Nicholas Day Wishes
- Snow Sayings
- Winter Phrases
- Star Quotes
- Penguin Quotes
- Gingerbread Man Quotes
- Cookie Quotes
- Generosity Captions
- Thankful Sayings
- Giving Phrases
- Gratitude Quotes
- December Sayings
- Santa Quotes
- Elf on the Shelf Quotes
- Christmas Wishes
- New Year Wishes
Easy Christmas and Winter Activities
After you are done with these cute Advent quotes and sayings for kids, then go check out these fun Holiday activities next:
- 12 Days of Christmas Activities
- Christmas Crafts
- Christmas Card Ideas
- Elf on the Shelf Jokes
- Free Christmas Bingo Game
- Snowglobe Template
- Reindeer Printables
- Snowman Luminaries
- Snowflake Coloring Pages
- Carrot Outlines
- Gingerbread Man Template Printables
- Penguin Cut Outs
- Winter Hat Outlines
- Borax Chrystal Tutorial
- Winter Scavenger Hunt
- Fizzy Ice Cubes
- Winter Mitten Templates
- Gingerbread Man Jokes
- Candy Cane Coloring Pages
- Christmas Glitter Jar
- Christmas Tree Crafts
- Winter Bingo Printabels
- Cupcake Liner Christmas Crafts
- New Years Activities
- New Years Resolution Game
- New Years Bingo Game
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this Advent calendar DIY video tutorial matching our Advent sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes about Advent
Don’t forget to save our 100 Top Advent Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about Advent did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I would love to hear from you!